Thursday, August 6, 2009

Selling Your Clothes...

My friend and I went to Closet Exchange in Abington hoping to sell our clothes and make a few dollars, but we were setting ourselves up for disappointment :( Knowing that Closet Exchange was asking for certain names and designers, I picked out my gently worn clothing from H&M, Forever 21, Seven Jeans (for All Mankind), some being my favorites that I thought I should just get rid of to make space in my closet. I knew they wouldn't take all of my clothes, but I figured they would give something good for my designer jeans, but boy was I wrong. They decided to take a few tank tops from Forever 21 and Express and only gave me $11! Each shirt got me about $1.10. If you were considering selling your clothes to make some money, I think you're better off donating your clothes and getting it written off your taxes at the end of the year. I don't know what style of clothing they're looking for, but I definitely didn't have the things they liked.

I did do a little bit of browsing while I was there, and found that Closet Exchange does have a decent size collection of Lacoste items at pretty competitive prices, I think I saw a golf shirt for $11, pretty good! I didn't end up buying anything though, I think I'm gonna try and hit up some other places like Plato's Closet or Worth Repeating. Keep me updated if there's a sweet thrift store that I'm not aware of, thanks!

No comments: